Please use email for communications. DriveEd@Gmail.com
Use the student's first and last legal name in all communications.
Students can withdraw from the class & receive a full refund if we are notified by email by:
MONDAY 9/11, 11 AM. After that, there are NO REFUNDS.
Overview of Process
- Finish all 15 CLASS SESSIONS and the 6 IN-CAR DRIVES
- Pay any outstanding balance (an invoice will be emailed to you at the end of the program)
- Click Here for info. on the final license testing.
- Take & pass the KNOWLEDGE TEST. (this can be done any time after the program has been completed. The students do not have to be 16)
- Complete 50 hours of URBAN driving
- Take & pass the DRIVE TEST.
- Get the license when the student has held their permit for 6 months & they are 16+.
(This can now be done online with a credit card. The fee is $54.)
D.O.L. Online License Page
To make up class sessions; (not the in-car lessons)
There will be 4 make up sessions in August that will be held on the following dates and times;
Thurs. Aug. 8 5 PM
Tues. Aug. 13 5 PM
Thurs. Aug. 22 5 PM
Tues.. Aug. 27 5 PM
If the student can not attend the sessions listed above, classes can be made up in the Fall 2019 Session....Follow the instructions below:
- Go to: Class Session Numbers
- Find the SPECIFIC SESSION NUMBER of the missed class(s) It does not matter
when the class is, as long as the session number(s) match.
- Find a corresponding session number in the future and come to that class
IMPORTANT: Note the time of the class, as we have different
Requirements for Passing
- Attend all 15 class sessions
- Pass all tests and the final exam
- Take the 6 in-car driving lessons
Must show improvement on each lesson
Be able to drive safely with minimal/no assistance by the final lesson
- Maintain constant speed
- React correctly to all traffic control devices
- Negotiate turns and curves keeping the car in the correct position
- Perform unprotected left turns
- Be in the correct lane for turns
- Accelerate from a stop into a traffic flow
- Drive and change lanes on the freeway
- React correctly to other vehicles
- Maintain the proper following distance
- Reverse around a corner
- Park on a hill (at the curb) and in a parking lot
- Drive to a well know destination in the city
In other words, you must be able to drive well enough to stay out of a collision for one hour without help from the instructor.
Requirements for Getting Your License
- Complete the pprogram
- Have at least 50 hours of driving experience (10 hours at night)
- Have your permit for 6 months
- Not have any moving violations or criminal convictions
- Pass the 40 question knowledge test (80% is the passing score)
- Pass the drive test
Expectations for the First Drive
By the first lesson you should be able to:
- Know right from left
- Know the gas from the brake
- Start the engine
- Move the front end of the car in both directions
- Accelerate to 25 M.P.H. and stop under reasonable control
- Steer in a straight line
- Make right and left turns with reasonable accuracy
(get the car around the corner without running off the road)
The testing is included in the program fee, as long as it is completed on or before:
June 11th 2020. After that date, our regular fees will apply: Knowledge Test: $25. Drive Test: $60.